Help and Information from 'It's my Right'

The Samaritans provide 24 hour, confidential, emotional support for anyone in crisis. Helpline 116 123, this number is FREE to call. Lots of Trans people have reported that they had a lot of understanding from Samaritans so please call them

Bullying is unlawful, you can report it to the police.

You can call the non emergency help line on 101 and get through to your local police. Don’t be afraid to tell the police what’s going on, they should be very understanding and helpful.

If you are in danger then call 999 and ask to be put through to the police.

You can also visit the following websites:

The Human Rights Commission

The Human Rights Commission is an independent statutory body established to help eliminate discrimination, reduce inequality, protect human rights and to build good relations.

If you’re having trouble with someone in the medical profession and you are not being treated fairly heres a useful statement. You might want to include it in a letter. This will let the person know that you are aware of your rights.

"The Equality Act 2010 requires all Public bodies such as GP practices, hospitals and primary care centres to promote equality for Trans people, to work towards ending prejudice and discrimination, and to encourage trans people to take part in the governance and other activities of the NHS"

The NHS Constitution can be found here:

If you feel that you’re not being treated fairly then you could write to your GP or whoever it is that is not being helpful and point out that they are in breach of the terms set out in the constitution

Support Groups TranzWiki attempts to be a comprehensive directory of the groups campaigning for, supporting or assisting trans and gender non-conforming people:

For youth groups  and events:

Here’s a useful document “Eliminating Discrimination Against Children and Parents Based on Sexual and Gender Identity:

View the Equality Act (2010) or Download it in Word format